View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 01:40 PM   #6
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
A nice distinction, Dr. Drib. Thanks for verifying my theory as to the length of time of previous ownership, and for winnowing down the definition of refurbished, which I'll use advisedly from now on.

However, I'd point out that many of Apple's refurbished products are actually pre-owned as described on the page you've just quoted -- after all, a product only requires "freshening" if it is not "fresh" already. Moreover, the amount of time the refurbished product might have been used is actually longer when Apple employs the term.

It would appear that pre-owned as used here is not a synonym for used because it refers specifically to returns within the 30-day period. Used is a far wider term and can entail far more use and abuse than is likely within thirty days.

In that sense your first post is correct, but Nate the Great's is not.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote