View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBook View Post
So I am merging two book records together (Different formats of the same tittle)

Then... OOps, I realized that I miss-clicked and merged two different titles.

OK so I have two different titles in different formats (fortunately) Now I want to un-merge the two books back into separate records...

Can this be done in Calibre? I don't see a way off hand, other than to go into the files and do it manually. (copy 2nd format out of library and re-add the book to create a new record. Then delete the 2nd format in Calibre)

If I could copy a record, (make a duplicate) that would work, but as I said I don't see a way to do it.
You have the idea.
If you use Save To.. calibre will try and update the (wrong) metadata in the book.

Select the book
Tap O
Now copy the format off to a safe place.
Close the file browser.Open the Metadata editor and selct the bad format and use the recycle icon (Del) OK

Now add the saved format back, normally
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote