View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 08:22 AM   #3
plib
Guru
plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
If I recall correctly, and there is absolutely no guarantee I do, consumer protection laws, and practices, in Japan are very different from America and Europe. Essentially the idea of "no questions asked" refunds and even the "fit for purpose sold" criteria are not available to Japanese buyers who are unhappy with the performance of a particular product and wish to return it? I seem to recall reading that this was one of the reasons for the quality of Japanese cars which are originally released in the home market.

If so I wonder what this will mean for the presence of "bugs" in firmware and the apparently prevalent idea that initial purchasers are an extension of the beta testing period?

Corrections, comments, on a postcard...
plib is offline   Reply With Quote