View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 03:58 PM   #20
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
"Encroach" makes it sound undesirable. If you don't like it then don't buy it. If you like it then it assists, not encroaches. I don't have one but I do use my PC, Xbox 360, and PS3 as media devices (e.g. stream Netflix and Hulu).

Plenty of people, myself included, thought Apple was crazy to go into the smartphone market. Look where that got them! Now I'm thinking they'll be crazy to go into the actual TV market but I've been very wrong before. I do think the market is ripe for a streaming provider bigger than Netflix, someone who can twist arms to get better content.
"Encroach" is an interesting way to put it. Being a word guy, I weigh the alternatives.

For example one vendor's crude encroachment might be considered a slick seduction from another.

Personally I think that all the TVs that have been written about in this thread are a direct assault.

I am the guy who, when he goes in other people's homes, likes to cut the volume down and I mean way down, and if there is no one in the room, I cut the damn thing off. Mind you, I am careful about whose home I am in.

This thread has brought to mind one of the things that bugs me the most. Loud TVs in the restaurant, club or bar. Each one on a different channel sometimes. I was in a Pizza Hut this past Sunday, and it had 6 TVs, showing 5 separate channels, mostly sports. Only 2 had the sound on and they were on different walls, and weren't loud, but I could still hear excitement and cheers when something happened. Very distracting. I went there for a little relaxation and a pizza, not a circus.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote