View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #453
Gauthier
Enthusiast
Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
No I don't mind, I think it's a good ideal. PM has been sent.

Kovid mentioned there was no reg key for thumb drive installs. I does not sound like you have a thumb drive install, do you?

If not have you searched your registry, if not look for "calibre" and see if you find a similar path.

=X=
I've added you, you can upload your last public version.

It's the version downloaded from within Calibre (calibre-0.8.38.msi)
It's certainly doesn't look like a thumb drive install (which is a ZIP IIRC).

I had searched the registry a few day ago
There are lots of reference to that path in the registry, but nothing I believe to be reliable (the old path is also present alongside it or the registry path where found may not be stable across versions/installs)
I searched again, and it remains the same

The best Match I Have is
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\02A5DE04D71355652BEA0CF8766245DA]
"73CAA41DCF834544C9CE3BDC8061234C"="C:\\Progra m Files (x86)\\Calibre3\\calibre.exe"

But S-1-5-18 is probably user dependent and 02A5DE04D71355652BEA0CF8766245DA installer dependent...

Last edited by Gauthier; 02-09-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Gauthier is offline   Reply With Quote