View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 01:30 AM   #12
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFromMesa View Post
My wife, who reads Russian, has asked for an ebook reader for her birthday. There are plenty of readers that support the Cyrillic character sets available, but I happen to like the Nook Color. It is light, easy to carry, supports microsd cards, has web access and now it has its own (limited) Android Market. But it does not support the Cyrillic character set. I have done considerable research trying to solve this problem and understand that if she wants to read an fb2 (European) public domain book from the web I need to convert it to ePub format and I need to embed the fonts. But I do not know how to make that work.
There is a much simpler way. Just root the NC and install CoolReader 3 or FBreader on it from the Market. CoolReader was developed in Russia and does an excellent job with the FB2 format. I read mostly FB2 on my my CM7 Nook Color using the CoolReader app.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote