View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 08:52 PM   #9
blkhawk
Bit Wrangler
blkhawk is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.blkhawk is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.blkhawk is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.blkhawk is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.blkhawk is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.blkhawk is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.blkhawk is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.blkhawk is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.blkhawk is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.blkhawk is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.blkhawk is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Device: Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Which is not related at all to how the operator's console is accessed.
P.S: Android is also run by a Linux kernel, (with the exception of one system call) it is only user-land that is different.
I am well aware of that - however the setup is so different that it would mean a reworking of the whole system the kindle uses. Thats a lot of development time just to get rid of a serial port.

There is a provisioning system that works over USB for the Kindle without a doubt. But I would bet that it just uses the Update system. I don't think it deals with truly "bricked" devices.
blkhawk is offline   Reply With Quote