View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 05:23 AM   #32
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
Now, see, I don't care if you wrote it in a prison cell or on a beach on a private island. I care if it's a good story or not. Editing matters.
Yes, editing matters, but only to people who have a clue about the importance of grammar, syntax, spelling, flow, and all the other things that are the difference between a so-so story with great potential and a masterpiece with great potential achieved.

I have had authors tell me spelling and punctuation don't matter as long as the reader gets the idea. They don't grasp the idea that every distraction from the storyline means less understanding of the storyline.