View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 11:58 AM   #20
j.p.s
Wizard
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxg View Post
By the way, thanks for mentioning the offline-only updates. I can’t remember if I ever did those, when the time came. I am on 2.5.8 (555370010) right now. Serial number starts with B009, so I have downloaded
Code:
Update_kindle_2.5.8_B009.bin
and
Code:
update-caupdate-09.bin
from Amazon from the above link.

Before I try reapplying those (perhaps they will do nothing as I already have that version) is there a way to back up the current firmware? Can I just do a
Code:
dd
read of my entire Kindle over USB mass storage, or would that just give me the FAT32 user volume?
If you are able to interact with the amazon store, your firmware is up to date.

The USB visible file system is only the FAT partition.

You need to do some reading in the Kindle Developer's Corner sub-forum to learn the ins and outs of jailbreaking.

The firmware can be downgraded on some older Kindles. I don't know whether the DXG is one of them.
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote