View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 08:41 AM   #2
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
I'm also annoyed that the kobo only keeps one or two levels of location history, and even when you flip between those, it erases the previous ones. Best solution is to bookmark the page before flipping around and searching. The location history use to be 2 deep, I think a recent firmware made it 3 now, and they mark it in the progress bar, so it's better, but not much.

As for looking up words, kobo does have in internal dictionary. Sometimes it's useful. You can even install translation dictionaries. Some people have complained that it's not great, and there are replacement dictionaries online mentioned in these forums. I think I have looked up multiple word combos (could be mistaken), but mostly phrases are not in the dictionary

I haven't played with x-ray so I'm not familiar with how it works, but your best bet for going back to previous term definitions is to highlight the term the first time you see it. Then at least it'll show up in your annotations list.

There's plenty of discussion in these forums about the idiosyncrasies of footnotes. Sometimes I'm annoyed with the popup, sometimes I'm annoyed I don't get the popup. I don't see a way to fix this just because it's not clear to even me as a human who might have authored the document when a link should be treated as a footnote, so I don't see a way to have rules for that to make everyone always happy.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote