View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 03:10 PM   #41
bamelin
Enthusiast
bamelin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Heya JCKobo,

I just wanted to give you the perspective from somebody who has been on the fence about ebooks for over a year now.

Price has been the only thing holding me back. I'm actually going on a cruise in June and I'd started looking at Kindles and Sony Pocket Readers ... but I just felt I couldn't justify spending 200 + dollars.

It was a fluke I found out about Kobo literally today, not sure why I decided to go web trawling about Ebook Readers while at work.

Anyways long story short, at 250 + price is prohibitive (Kindle), at 180 - 220 price is iffy (Sony), at 150 price is a no brainer (Kobo).

I think that you guys are going to get alot of people like me who have wanted an Ebook Reader for awhile but not been willing to pay over 200 for one .... especially given that many of the extra "features" on some of these Readers barely work at all in Canada (I think).

At 150 I don't even have to think about the purchase I can just buy it. I swear I'll be pissed if I get into Chapters tomorrow and they are sold out.
bamelin is offline   Reply With Quote