View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 01:27 PM   #9
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
One is "woman"; the other is "women".
Yeah, it's easy to miss. I was just trying to show that the fuzzy matching doesn't try to match plurals, or typos. I tried to deal with all the cases I personally saw while adding 14,000 books. I was more aggressive than Kovid wanted to be about overwriting the same format, so I was conservative about matching titles. I didn't want to overwrite anything accidentally.

The post above about Comic Book #1 vs. Comic Book #2 convinces me that Kovid was right. I'd hate to have dozens of issues get lumped into a single record/format because the user's regex was set to ignore numbers, then have him throw away the originals, thinking they were safely stored in Calibre.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote