View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 12:52 PM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyanonymous View Post
I
Oh....any idea what it'll do with file names of the format:

Comic Book #1.cbz
Comic Book #2.cbz
etc...

Will it put them into one, or all in separate entries? How big does the difference have to be?
What is the author name for those two books? What is the book title? Everything depends on what Calibre determines the author/title to be. Filename is only relevant if you have told it to get the title from the filename, and if you have, then you have to look at your regex to see how you have told Calibre to parse the filename. For purposes of comparison (to decide if two book titled match or not), numbers are not ignored, provided they are part of the title.

I say "provided they are part of the title" because you could have a regex that stripped numbers from the filename, so that even if the filename has numbers, the book title derived from that filename by way of your regex, no longer has any numbers in it.

Although I don't have many .cbz files, they should be handled the same as any other format.

If the title of those books is "Comic Book #1" and "Comic Book #2" Then they are different books and it will add them as two entries. If the title is "Comic Book" then they are the same title. If the authors are the same, then they will look like the same book in the same format, but since it won't overwrite formats, and won't add duplicates, it won't do anything other than give you a message.

Edit: If you have turned on the option described here, but not the "get metadata only from filename option, and tried to drag those two files into Calibre, it would try to get the metadata from inside the file. I don't know if .cbz files have internal metadata, but for formats that do not have internal metadata, Calibre will use the filename to get the minimum info it needs. I don't recall exactly what author/title it will choose from those filenames.

Last edited by Starson17; 03-14-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote