Thread: Reading PDF's
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 07:29 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Nice one, wgrimm. When you've had a chance to get acquainted with your new toy, maybe you could write up a review for us? I think your the first one to have one ....

Part of what's hampering the Reader with PDFs (besides the screen size and the unimaginative PDF renderer) is the relatively wimpy processor -- the Archos is naturally going to have a much more powerful processor.

I'm kind of hoping that Adobe's Digital editions might, eventually have some impact on the PDF thing. PDF is fine for things that need a fixed size and layout, but PDF is getting used for a lot of things that don't need those things, and in fact are hampered by them. And of course, books are among those things.

D.E. seems to have the potential to become as widely used as PDF is now, and allow a much more flexible handling of dox that don't need fixed layouts, a much more promising option, it seems to me.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote