View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 11:31 AM   #10
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
1- yes.
2- no.
3- maybe yes, maybe no.

Payouts will be tied to the list price but it is doubtful they will equal the list price. Not even Oyster was that clueless.
Yeah, they could never sustain that. Scribd had to totally restructure and basically not only push out romance readers, but also making stuff harder to find.
But even if its not list price, if they have a set pot like KU had for a percentage read, they are going to have the same issues. I remember KU ranged in the $1.20 per 10 percentage read. Folks started pumping out shorts like crazy. 100's of them. Lots of so called serialized chunks of story. Write a few pages, put it up, couple pages read and they got paid. Even if its a $, it adds up. While those with actual novels and books got screwed.

I expect they have to adept just like KU did. I can't read kobo stuff on my devices anyway, so I would have to go out and buy a kobo. I'd only do that if it wasn't all shorts and I can't find anything.

But I like seeing other companies at least trying. In the end though its all about content. Good content. Quality over quantity. And Amazon sells all kinds of other stuff to KU readers. Kobo just has books.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote