View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 07:31 AM   #54
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
I've seen a lot of comments here about how great this is, etc, etc. Each to their own I guess.

What I haven't seen is any discussion on the fact that there has been NO change in the TOS for GR members to agree to, only an announcement. And that immediately after that announcement Reviews and Shelves were deleted with no warning, no time to comply with the new guidelines, nothing.

And the fact that this is a MAJOR policy change for GR. The powers that be on GR have maintained, staunchly, that shelves were for us the readers. We were also reassured, ad naseum, after the Amazon buyout, that our reviews were indeed ours and would not be deleted without reason.

So while many commenters here see this as "a tempest in a teapot", for those of us who are/were heavily invested in GR, this is truly a tempest.
That seams the right thing to do, keep things about the the books, let personal fight take place somewhere else.

They could have given some warning though.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote