View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 10:38 AM   #33
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Craig CMP738a Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Not in Nook Color land. It has no competition whatsoever. This is where Amazon should go. A quality Android tablet for the average consumer at a price they can afford. Not some high priced tablet geared for business use and tech geeks.
So how does the Amazon tablet distinguish itself from the Nook Color? I think you'll need to root an Amazon tablet to get the most out of it, just like the NC. You'll have the Amazon Video on Demand, but I can do that with the $100 Craig tablet I have now. Ditto for the Amazon App Store, and the music, etc. Obviously, Amazon will have these apps built in to any released tablet, but is that enough of a leg up to succeed?

And keep in mind: The Nook Color is being positioned as a color e-reader, not a tablet. You can turn it into a tablet, but that's not how it's marketed. So I think we need to ask the question: With Amazon's tablet be a color e-reader you can turn into a tablet, or a tablet on its own, out of the box? If it's a tablet out of the box, then it sounds to me like the Archos tablets that have been around for a while. That's not necessarily a terrible thing, but one of the things they always get panned for is not running the full Android Market.
bhartman36 is offline   Reply With Quote