View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 09:36 AM   #76
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
PS I've found that Mobipocket often does not bold or size headings correctly when the anchor is after the hn tag, hence the comment. Is this problem overcome with XHTML 1.1?

Regards, Alex
As stated before, this is a pecularity associated with Mobipocket and can be best adapted for anchor links to Chapter headings to start on a new page with pagebreak HTML <h1>...<h6> tags:
Code:
<a style="page-break-before: always;" name="CHAPTER_I" id="CHAPTER_I"></a>
<h2>CHAPTER I</h2>

but not:

<h2 style="page-break-before: always;"><a name="CHAPTER_I" id="CHAPTER_I"></a>CHAPTER I</h2> 

and I can't recall if this works as well:

<h2 style="page-break-before: always;" name="CHAPTER_I" id="CHAPTER_I">CHAPTER I</h2>
Note that the first fragment allows the anchor tag to have the page-break attribute while retaining the following header formatting when "jumping" back as HarryT said.

The use of the name and id is my attempt to allow for a transition from HTML 3.2 to XMHTL 1.1.

Last edited by nrapallo; 07-22-2009 at 09:39 AM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote