View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 10:05 AM   #923
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi tkeo,

There are lots of EXTH values that can never be set by kindlegen but still exist in commercial ebooks produced by Amazon. Most but not all of these relate to DRM, text to speech settings, text clipping, the "watermark", the "tamperproof" keys, etc. So I am okay with decoding what these mean and using what we can to recreate the original epub as closely as possible. It just means that passing it back through kindlegen will not recreate the original as it has no way to set these extra MetaData.

I am thinking of writing a full metadata editor in python to allow full editing of metadata items in the mobi 6, mobi 8 and now container headers. I will base it off an improved version of the dual meta editor code along with the new information on all of the possible exth values.

That way people can augment the output of kindlgen with all of the known metadata without having to pass it through KDP or whatever else Amazon is doing now.

Take care,

Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkeo View Post
Hi,

It seems kindlegen.exe cannot set EXTH 508,512 and 522.
I also find that Furigana input fields exist in "Enter Your Book Details" page of KDP in amazon.co.jp, but not in amazon.com.

Thanks,
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote