View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 03:04 AM   #14
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
It's not a pyramid for two reasons...(which I already stated but you seemed to ignore)

1. You are getting a product of comparable value for your money.

2. You don't get anything when the ten people you referred get their ten people.

I have been involved in my share of multi-level marketing companies and can tell the difference between an illegal pyramid scheme and a legitimate MLM company. This is neither... it is just a simple 1 LEVEL referral bonus program.

BOb

I didn't ignore it. You seems to ignore my remarks about different laws in different countries twice.

There are a lot off things that are legal in the US and not in the rest of the world. Like owning guns or driving a car at 16.

Other things are legal in other countries and not in the US like drinking alcohol at 16 or showing a nipple of a grown woman on the TV. Or downloading music from the Internet.

This type of marketing is probably illegal in the Netherlands. Referral is never done here. To keep it running you need more and more people. It is to close to a pyramid scheme. And the really bad part is that they use your friends or neighbors. They will push you to buy and you are not always aware it is a sales pitch and not an honest opinion. That is the same as in a pyramid. They have a compelling reason to get you to buy one. Not because it is a good product, but because they already have 8 referrals. And even 9 are useless. They must have 10 off them. It would have been different if the got paid 10% for each referral

At this time there is even a discussion going on about legality of the type of marketing were people get all kinds of products for free to give away to their friends. For more or less the same reasons. They get a product for free and are likely to ignore flaws just because it is free for them.

It is also illegal here to have a marketing scheme were 1 out of 10 people get one fro free. In some countries that is not a problem

Last edited by Ortep; 08-10-2008 at 03:10 AM.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote