Thread: Name that book?
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 01:56 AM   #585
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
I am looking for a Fantasy book which I thought was by Patricia A. McKillip as a third in her Cygnet duology world, but I can't find the book whose description fits my memory.

The book begins among the roots of enormous trees with roots growing down the sides of a vast canyon. The main female character is a 'Bridger' who harvests fruits and maintains the root system and repairs the bridges and buildings of the treehouse cities with some good descriptions about her day to day job and life. Some event causes her and companions to travel all the way down to the bottom of the canyon where no light reaches and they meet some odd creatures and battle a mage. They also leave the canyon and (I think) along the way they meet up with a shapeshifting firebird sorceress from the Cygnet books and free her to return to the part of the world where that series takes place.
artifact is offline   Reply With Quote