View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 05:21 AM   #17
rkw
Old & Busted Hotness
rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0,Asus TF700T, K1-2-3-Fire
Oh, and if it helps, I was on a tigght budget myself when I bought this earlier this year and am very happy I opted for the keydock at the same time. I paid full retail at the time but it was the first month and I never do that. For the first time in ages I am not underwhelemed with such a purchase.

Good luck on your choices. And just to mess with you, were I to buy a tablet right now it would be the Galaxy Note 10.1 because it has that active digitizer. Such a digitizer is always going to be far better thanusing those marshmallow tipped styli we have to use on capactive screen based tablets. But we are talking a whole different price-point as well as not as nice a keyboard solution on the Note 10.1.

I missed what you want from our tablet. If it involves photo editing you might end up being let down across the board. But that is mostly apps with a bit on the hardware and it's poor contrast as well as color gamut added to zero ability to even minimally calibrate the gamma of the display. No RAW editors as of this microsecond in time so it is JPG or PNG of some flavor being your only options out of the camera. I don't know is anything even edits TIFF.

Otherwise apps are OK and just enough there to be useful within limits. Make sure the apps you want are there before buying anything. If it's for entertainment you can't go wrong with the new Kindle Fire's or the Galaxy Nexus but there are tradeoffs there too. Small displays are the most obvious.
rkw is offline   Reply With Quote