View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 05:29 PM   #68
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by murz_07 View Post
Yes, great!
Now I cant boot in diags mode
I tryed to mount mmcblk0p1 to mnt/mmc and obviosly made some mistake, so my kindle now is comlitely bricked. Thats nice, now I can stop thinking that I can repair ir myself and just wait for your tools
That is the problem with low-level access to your device (needed to repair it). I am losing count of how many times I have bricked a kindle now from one "tiny little error" in a startup (or repair) script.

That is why I made RUNME.sh a "one-time run" script, which is disabled by RUNME.done before it is called. That way a damaged RUNME.sh should not be a problem after rebooting.

I think the problems were caused by resetting the kindle with the power button while it was making a backup copy of the partition (which takes a lot longer than you think it should).

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-02-2012 at 11:54 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote