View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 08:29 PM   #19
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowseTheStacks View Post
Be mad at the publishers not at Amazon. Amazon lets you publish 100% DRM-free. It is the Agency 6 and others who lock the books down.
Many just don't listen to common sense. Their senseless rage against Amazon is boundless. They blame Amazon for copyrighting. They blame Amazon for bowing to the Publishers demands for high prices.

The real problem with the Agency model isn't a monopoly as we normally think of it, but of trying to control the book after it has been sold.
I suppose next the Publishers will try to control the physical book when you and I try to sell it second hand.

Oh wait, they have already tried to get a cut of the second hand market and the third and so on.

And yet some here are so blinded with rage that they kick the shins of the person feeding them.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote