View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 03:03 PM   #1
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Help with regex POSIX class search

Maybe it would be a good idea for a whole subforum related to regex searching!

I'm stuck on yet another regex search. I'm trying to find any punctuation characters that don't have a space following them. Looking at my regex cheatsheet, it looks like I should be able to do this with a POSIX class search. I've tried [:punct:]\S but it doesn't seem to work. Instead, this search shows me every occurrence of the letters p, u, n, c & t that aren't followed by whitespace. Pretty much, it's doing the same as a grouping, like [punct]\S. It's like Sigil isn't paying any attention at all to the fact that there are colons in the search string.

Am I missing something or doing something completely wrong here?

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

- Byron

Last edited by bfollowell; 05-19-2011 at 05:05 PM.
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote