View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 11:19 AM   #12
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
I imagine that the major publishers have seen a dive in their ebook sales. I am sure that the ipads gave a sales increase for a short period of time. But where they were probably getting steady sales from Fictionwise, BoB and other online stores it has to be hurting.
I wonder if the publishers even know where an eBook is sold? Given that most of the smaller eBookstores are using distributors to handle the download, the actual seller is probably invisible to the publisher. They probably just get distributor reports, plus reports from the big sellers who handle their own fulfillment, like Amazon.

I'm sure April 2010 eBook sales are way below April 2009. B&N probably doesn't care about FW and eReader revenue, but BoB and Diesel's owners probably care! not to mention the authors who are getting smaller royalties now because their books aren't available in as many outlets.

Quote:
I've never had to pay a transaction fee from Kobo. I wonder if that is credit card specific?
Yes, it depends on the card. Check your terms & conditions for the % - they can range from 1.5-3%. Most US & Canadian credit cards added exchange fees in the mid 2000s. Your statement may not list the fee separate from the transaction - it depends on your card issuer.

I work for a US non-profit that receives donations from Canadians and lots of donors blame us for overcharging. A $50CDN donation often shows up as an odd amount like $52.13 because the fee is lumped in rather than broken out on its own line - making it look like we overcharge them, even though it is the bank fee. Since it is a percentage, it gets even worse when the amount goes up.

Bree
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote