View Single Post
Old 02-05-2023, 03:21 PM   #3
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey. View Post
I ran into this once. It has to do with the way notebooks sync with Amazon. I factory reset my device, and now my Scribe is offline only with WhisperSync disabled. I get my notebook pages in high resolution .png images from the hidden thumbnails folder via USB. There's no ridiculous watermark that way. Amazon doesn't get the opportunity to see or lose my data. I'm waiting for a jailbreak. I might create a Calibre plugin that will automatically download the notebook thumbnails, but it's super easy to do manually.
If you don't grab your notebook pages via USB, it will be in lower resolution and with watermark? That sounds a little bit stupid. If you factory reset the device and didn't give it access to the internet, Amazon doesn't know you deregistered the device, so the issue of deleted notepads due to attempted and failed sync doesn't happen anymore? Since you don't have it connected to the net anymore, can you get marked up KFX files (PDF converted to print replica) off the device?
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote