View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 08:48 AM   #55
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
My family has bought all types of calculators, mostly for math classes. Some have bit the dust after a year, some are still going after 10 years. These weren't the cheap variety, either, but graphing and scientific calculators with the large screen.

My take? The larger the screen the quicker the machine dies. Sometimes the screen bit the dust, but others it was the processor or whatever that powered the screen. And that is from observing all the calculators at schools that were required, too. My hubby teaches math and knows that every year a certain percentage of the calculators the school supplies will have to be replaced because they quit working (usually after the warranty runs out).

So, I don't know if screen size is the factor, or the processing that goes on that requires the large screen.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote