View Single Post
Old 10-19-2022, 04:06 PM   #68
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
You can do that with a library, but I never heard of it with a physical bookshop. Same applies to buying music and video. Unless it's physically faulty. Or paintings/prints/fine art.
Actually, while I haven't done it lately, I know that you used to be able to return books to Borders and Barnes and Noble no questions asked. There were quite a few times that I got books as gifts and returned them--I was never asked how much of the book I had read, or if I had read any of it at all. In fact, I was never asked for a reason why I was returning it at all. In some cases I would have a receipt for the book, and get cash back. If I didn't have a receipt, I would just exchange it for a different book.

I've also returned CDs/Vinyl records/cassette tapes many times over the years.

Of course, this is in the US...I know that Quoth is not from the US, so maybe in the country that they live in returns aren't allowed unless the item is "physically faulty"?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote