View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 02:07 PM   #80
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Scotty,

Why exactly is software that discovers the Kindle's PID a violation of DMCA? Using the software to get the PID allows Kindle owners to purchase books from retailers other than Amazon and to also use their Kindle for reading electronic library books. Your assertion that this is somehow illegal seems like an overreaching on your part.

Did you contact Amazon and make the assertion that Mobileread was somehow violating Amazon's rights? I've noticed that you seem to be the only one here that takes the position that determing the Kindle PID is illegal and tantamount to starving babies or some such nonsense.

I tell you, it's too bad you can't give negative Karma (I tried).
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote