View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 07:32 PM   #1469
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by trungng2006 View Post
I think this plugin could be the combination of "annotation plugin" and "power (full-text) search plugin".
First, the plugin would import highlights from device via annotation plugin. The annotation will match calibre book ID and import annotated text.
Then Power search will search the "annotated text" within each book (via book ID).
The results is integrated into calibre highlights/annotation.
Have you actually looked at the Annotations plugin? It does get both the highlighted text and the annotation made. And it puts this into a column in calibre. That means you can search that using calibre's built in search.

The real problem is that not all devices or apps store the annotations in a way that can be read. Mostly it is because the annotations are stored somewhere that cannot be accessed when the device is connected. Or they don't have an export function. The next reason is that someone needs to write the code. Which basically needs access to an appropriate device or app.

Actually, the real problem is that no-one has implemented the only standard that I know of for annotations. The only one I know of is part of the ePub 3 standards. I have never heard of this being implemented anywhere. And of course it doesn't apply for apps or devices that do no support ePub 3.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote