View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 11:21 PM   #1
cns1000
cns1000 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Can't access local SD card files

Hi

I installed Calibre Companion 5.4.4.19 on my Android tablet (Alcatel 9024O running Android 7.1.1). I also have installed the Windows version (for Windows 7) on my desktop. I have no problem connecting to the Windows computer as content server over wifi. The problem is connecting using the cloud option to my local device, the tablet, using the SD card,

I installed the demo version first. That one easily saw the directories on the SD card and allowed me to view the directories of books. However, I could not open any of them; they were all grayed out and I eventually got a message that the database was corruipt and unreadable. I figured this might be because I was only using the demo version so I bought and installed the full version. This one, however, will not read the SD card at all.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, rebooting the device, clearing the data and cache. I have checked the permissions; it has full storage permission, which I presume is all that it needs. But when I am given the option to choose a path, I see only "\" with the options Up and Back, neither of which does anything.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks
Charles
cns1000 is offline   Reply With Quote