View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 09:51 AM   #33
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf
I'm sorry to say that calling them "The portable Harvard Classics" is now very misleading. They aren't portable any longer. I have a Sony Reader and cannot read Mobipocket format. And being DRM protected, I can't even do any sort of conversion. I'm sorry, but I don't like the new setup at all. The fact that you've just killed off a good portion of the market you are trying to sell to does no good at all. A lot of people here have a Sony Reader or some other device to read ebooks that cannot read DRM (or even non-DRM) protected Mobipocket format. I can't recommend these books to anyone at this point. And I would have been interested in the Ben Franklin autobiography. Sorry I cannot read it now. But I'm not limiting myself to books I can only read on the computer. I bought the Sony to be portable and if I can't be portable, then no sale. If you had them in HTML then you could keep the formatting and I could have converted it to work with my Sony and most people could convert to work with whatever reader device they have. But as it is, you've cut out a lot of people who do use the forum here. Sorry to have to be so harsh, but I feel the change is not for the better. And if you look at some of the ebook readers that are coming out in the future, they won't handle Mobipocket either.
If you look through the Souny Reader Upload section you can find some of the volumes of the Harvard Classics that I have already converted. They are DRM free. More are coming out in the future until I have completed the entire set.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote