View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 09:58 AM   #15
spellbanisher
Guru
spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle keyboard, kindle fire hd, S4, Nook hd+
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
That's rather an unfair characterization in my opinion. Most people I know who buy Apple products do so because they like them and find they meet their needs. That doesn't mean all Apple consumers are blindly subservient to every word that comes forth from Apple's marketing division any more than those of us who prefer Windows PCs over Macs believe PCs are better for everyone simply because they meet our particular needs better than Mac computers.

Interesting observation. Why does Mobileread, and by extention, each of the moderators, allow Apple bashing to continue? Could it be that we have a secret agenda against Apple?

Actually, many of the moderators themselves own Apple devices. Bob Russell owns a Macbook Air; DaleDe owns an iPad 2; HarryT owns an iPad 3 and an iPhone 4; Nate the great, I believe, although he doesn't list his devices separately, owns one each of every OS, iOS, Windows, and Android device ever made (okay, that last one may be an exaggeration); and in our house, I have an iPad Air and my wife has a new iMac and my old iPad.

And while we do try to rein in the Apple bashing AND Android bashing AND Amazon bashing AND any other product bashing we find going on, we walk a fine line. We don't want to make people afraid to voice legitimate concerns in the name of quelling wars between fanbois and flamers. After all, everyone's entitled to an opinion, and that includes even those who have a less than stellar opinion of your or my favorite device, no matter what that device may be.
There is a easily discernable difference between product or company bashing and people bashing, the latter of which characterized wizor's post.
spellbanisher is offline   Reply With Quote