View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 08:22 AM   #91
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdschi View Post
Now mind you I realize that the top reason for getting those bundles isn't because you're getting "cheap" ebooks or something but because to get to know Indie authors, helping charity, and so forth. But getting a good "deal" is part of the allure. I feel slightly... disappointed? I wouldn't even have noticed it if it were the only book this was happening to, but the same happened with the Mini Fantasy Bundle - just a couple of days later the first Draykon book was free on Amazon. Is this common? In that case, I might refrain from getting these bundles or paying the asked bonus, unless they contained books I really wanted to read anyway...
I suspect the reason this is happening is because they are indie authors and are setting their own price on the books. I've seen price discrepancies at Kobo like this as well. There was an omnibus that collected the first book of four of five YA series by indie authors and it was something like $1.99... Sounds like a good deal... Until I went looking for the individual books to see reviews on them. All but one of the original books was free and the other was only $0.99... Not looking like such a good deal now... I suspect the authors are doing whatever they can to get exposure for their books including StoryBundle and lowering their prices on Amazon.