Thread: Literary Chess Story by Stefan Zweig
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 10:16 AM   #22
fantasyfan
Wizard
fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, 4G, iPad Air 2, iPhone IE
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Lovely stuff fantasyfan.

Just out of curiosity - do any of our readers of Chess actually play the game? I know how, but I'm not a big fan.

Actually I don't think I'm even good at applying myself to it. Far too strategic and forward thinking for me. It's possible that I'm also stunted a bit that I like to play to enjoy more than to win and chess isn't really that sort of game.

Thank you.

When I was in University I was a member of the Chess Club and played for its team. I was very enthusiastic about the game and its history then. But, like yourself, I found the cut and thrust of the game--the need to win rather debilitating. It really can become obsessive. Thus I switched to Chess problems which have a kind of satisfying abstract beauty which I continue to enjoy.

Last edited by fantasyfan; 04-16-2013 at 10:45 AM.
fantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote