View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 12:11 PM   #38
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by runtmms View Post
You might try running a battery test. My first Fire 8.9 did very strange battery things. It routinely shut down due to low battery while showing between 20% and 40% charge. I turned wifi off and played a previously downloaded video continuously and couldn't get more than about 5 hours on a full charge. Customer service confirmed I should be getting better battery life.

I exchanged it and the new unit has no battery quirks. It can play video with wifi off for more than 8 hours. It actually drains all the way down - no low battery shut offs while showing high percentages.
Thanks for that info. The batter went down to 34% and I was only reading an ebook for a few hours each night! No wifi, no other running apps, all forced closed.

It is over 30 days, probably 60 by now or more. Not sure what I can do now. Mine is the 7" version, but still the battery is very unpredictable!!

What kind of battery test? I have switched off between HD battery and paid Gsam versions because my battery was acting flakey, thought it was each app. Guess not.
new is offline   Reply With Quote