View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 01:28 PM   #422
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Well, you have the cloud and when you realize that you do not then need to have all your music and movies on the device you do not fill it up. I suppose it helps that I do not listen to audio books, music or watch movies. I listen to pod casts but have not filled up any device yet with pod casts.

I used to fill up my devices with files that I then did not use. And I really thought that I needed all these files on my devices...
There also are magazines, newspapers. A lot of the "movies" are work related. I carry the tablet around to show those and digital leaflets to people. Have any scanned books, documents? Anyway, I have 64GB now, I can't even imagine having to get by with 16. Sure, if I stayed at home all the time and had constant access to free WiFi. Or with free 3G/LTE everywhere. I don't see that happening (except in places like HK) in the next 5 years.

And I don't think that we should support companies who try to force us into the cloud by giving us less memory. It is a vicious cycle, less memory installed per device and fewer devices with expansion slots means higher memory prices and thus even less memory on future devices. Then we will all have to shell out the big bucks for cloud access on the road, or carry around a bunch of unwieldy accessories. And in the end we can only blame ourselves for letting companies take something away from us and giving us nothing in return.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote