View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 04:39 AM   #877
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerem0ny View Post
Well they are a nice group of fonts, but the fact that there are only five of them, and Amazon forces you to use only those five and none others is a bit of a jip in my opinion. In general, I don't like being made to feel like a chump.
But you presumably knew this before buying the Kindle, right? If fonts are important to you (and personally I couldn't give a damn about them), would it not, as Jon suggests, have been more sensible to buy a different model of reading device which allows you to load your own fonts? It seems a little unreasonable to criticise a device for not doing something it never claimed to be able to do. I like the Kindle a lot, but it's self-evidently not a good choice of device if being able to load your own fonts is an essential feature for you.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote