Thread: Serial Question
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by lporter View Post
Hello everyone,

So, during my attempt to port android to the kindle, I succeeded in destroying the little resistors/capacitors near the serial port on my paperwhite (don't solder with caffeine shakes )

When I shorted the pads and connected the PW to a terminal emulator, all I got was garbled text. I guess the kindle needed those little components. Anyone have any idea how to fix this/what those components were?

...now to try to fix the nuked system image another way...

-Lewis
Which Kindle is this again? A K4?

Good photo of the damaged area of the circuit board please.

Somewhere here, I posted a link to a "HowTo" make a DIY hot air soldering tool - the thing you need for SMD parts.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote