View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 01:10 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just some guy View Post
Thank you! I have lots of respect for purists, but I think I'll stick with my current version then.
I've read of a number of cases were these sorts of eBooks with messy/bloated code has caused problems. I've even taken some of these problem eBooks and cleaned up the code and then using the same Reader/program/app, the eBook is able to be read no problem. So no, it's not being a purist. It's making the code clean so it works better. One thing I've never understood is why there can be more then 100 unused CSS entries in the CSs and HTML. What good does that do? It does no good at all. There are tools for removing unused classes, subset fonts, and remove crud from graphics (makes them smaller without the crud). Yes the publishers do not use these tools and prefer to make eBooks that are less than optimal.

Last edited by JSWolf; 03-24-2017 at 01:13 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote