View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 11:48 AM   #69
vermontcathy
Connoisseur
vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 11, PW5, Oasis
I think I have somewhat figured out why I'm getting mixed results with kingbee's method. If the book came from Amazon, and I brought it in to Calibre only to "clean" it, and didn't convert it at all, then this method works - has covers, doesn't have "Personal" (and it is working for me for azw3). But if I converted it, either because it didn't have a good cover, or because it was ePub, then it doesn't work: if I converted it with "Enable sharing of book contents via facebook etc..." checked off, it says "personal". If I converted it without that checked off, covers don't show.

Also, I can confirm that this behavior is different from simply side-loading. An azw3 direct from Amazon (cleaned) sideloaded doesn't show cover; using the personal server does show the cover.
vermontcathy is offline   Reply With Quote