View Single Post
Old 08-17-2020, 04:13 PM   #369
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Yeah, thanks @jackie_w, I did end up reading the yaml files after posting my query -- I was just hoping for a page that had a description of the patches and the screenshots all in one place rather than having to go file by file and opening the URLs one by one -- it turns out that it wasn't that much to do manually, but I was hopeful.

In the end, I decided that there were no patches that felt like a game changer to me. I don't care much about how the home screen looks -- I spend so little time there, manage my books off-device, and only keep a half dozen or so max at any one time, so I don't care about a lot of the things that other people _really_ care about.

The one thing that I think I would like didn't seem to be there, which would be to decrease the time between sleep and front-light going off -- I'd like it to turn off nearly instantly like my Kindle did, but it stays on for 3-4 seconds.

EDIT: As for technical skills, editors, etc.. I use vim, always work from the terminal, I use git daily, etc... I just was trying to start w/ docs rather than delving directly into the code.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote