View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 09:24 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsgreer View Post
One thing that really stands out though is his love of nature and the environment--well that is if you don't count that he hunted and ate anything he could catch and made a living by sending animals to zoos.
Actually, those are not nearly so incompatible as PETA, et. al. would like us to believe. The vast majority of hunters respect and want to preserve the natural resources that are in our care. And zoos, good ones, anyway, help promote respect and interest in the natural world, without intruding huge, disruptive masses of people (most of whom don't really know how to minimize their impact, regardless of however much they might want to) running through the woods, doing really dangerous things that don't seem stupid if you don't know better, like petting grizzly cubs, for instance.

I loved the Grizzly Adams shows as a kid, and even read the novel that come from it (it's still around here somewhere), I thought that was what you were posting at first, Travis, but I think I'll find this quite interesting too, probably more than the other. Thanks for sharing it!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote