View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 12:46 PM   #24
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahrinn View Post
So, hoping this doesn't count as off-topic, what would folks here recommend as a good alternative to the GoodEreader 6.8" device? I had an inkbook Obsidian that I really enjoyed, but one day pulled it out of my front jeans pocket to find the e-ink screen had cracked (the external screen was fine). I guess I leaned on it or something and didn't realize it. I was thinking of getting the GoodEreader device as a replacement, but am getting the impression that's a less than stellar idea. I would prefer an Android based device, as I like the level of customization and control they give. Physical page-turn buttons are a bonus. And apparently sturdiness should be a factor, given my recent experience with the Obsidian.
Kobo H2O has a very solid build. Another device with the same screen, but worse shape (and this includes the keys), is Onyx Boox T76ML.

Android makes the Onyx tolerable, reader app on it is usable and more can be added, but it starts up slow and drains the battery quickly.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote