View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 11:22 PM   #24
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
I agree, however, if each individual network thinks I'm going to pay for their individual station, they got rocks in their heads. I will stick with whatever Netflix, and Amazon offer.

I'm not about to start paying for several separate monthly fees for all of them!

The only possible exception is Redbox which I am considering.
Disney is going down the road of paywalled streaming but the CW opted for free/ad supported. You don't even need to sign up. Just click and watch. (Judging by the number and size of the advertisers on their top shows they seem to be doing well.) It'll be interesting to see which model WB uses for their upcoming DC Channel.

There's a good chance that the viewer numbers will favor the ad-supported model behind traditional over the air broadcast via regional affiliates since the network would get to keep all the ad revenue instead of having to share it with the cablecos and affiliates.

Me, I have NETFLIX, HULU, and Prime. Plus CW and OTA for local news. Once in a while I'll fire up Crunchyroll (basic).

No cable. Don't miss it.
I'm passing on the CBS streaming service since nothing I've seen suggests it is worth the money. Not interested in the planned Disney services or ESPN+. Very interested in the DC Channel. That's about it.
I don't watch enough TV to sign up for anything else.

I use the free time for reading.

Last edited by fjtorres; 04-19-2018 at 11:35 PM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote