View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 06:04 PM   #6
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
I was really looking forward to upgrading my nook but this is a downgrade in design it seems. They are going back to the old style and still only 6"
I like the old style – that's what attracts me to this new GlowLight. I like the wider bezel, the hardware buttons and the "grippy" plastic/rubber. I also think I *could* like the night "mode." I don't know yet. I haven't seen one in the flesh. Between Kobo, Kindle and Nook, it looks like the Nook and Kobo came out with the first touch screens at the same time, but the Nook came out with the first lighted screen and now they're the first (among these three anyhow) to come out with a "night mode" on an eInk reader. Still innovating. Kind of cool.

As far as 6" goes. I think most people still want that size and you jump up in price quite a bit to get to a 7" or bigger screen. I doubt Barnes & Noble will ever have enough of the eBook market to justify releasing two eInk models simultaneously.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote