View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 08:31 AM   #51
haydnfan
Guru
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
Oh that is funny I have Midnight Sun on mass market paperback, which I thought was a find as it was out of print with no ebook addition when I bought it.

You have to be in the mood for Ramsey Campbell because he is all about atmosphere. The Hungry Moon is pretty good for first exposure to Campbell, it's faster paced than most of his novels and goes for some supernatural thrills and not just psychological horror.

In defense of his typical novels, I've read alot of horror but there are only two novels that have genuinely disturbed me. Last Days by Adam Nevill and Grin of the Dark by Ramsey Campbell.
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote