Thread: Literary Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #44
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
Thanks for a great post, Hamlet. Lolita has definitely been discussion worthy with many interesting posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
I agree.

It is also interesting to see how this book is viewed: some put it in historical context, others describe how Nabokov uses his tools/words, and again others refer to other classics or speak from their morals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I think that's one of the best uses for books myself. Using them as a discussion point to bring out all the nuances that no one person could possibly think of all by themselves.
First thanks all for the overly effusive complements to my previous post.!

I'd say that the discussion so far is the sign that the choice was excellent for reading and discussion. Hopefully with more to come. A true exceptional literary work, and not just for perverts.

Here is another thought that occurred to me that I wonder if anyone else feels the same way. To me the scene where Humbert murders Quilty stuck out like a sore thumb relative to the rest of the book. It was just so absurdly comic. Larry murders Moe; Curly was not in the scene. Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk. What do there rest of you think?

Last edited by Hamlet53; 02-23-2013 at 01:36 PM.