View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 12:50 PM   #67
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Be careful; optimize for quick removal is designed to not cache data but to ensure it gets written to the device directly, while optimize for performance lets data stay in the PC's memory.

Interestingly enough though, there is a Microsoft bug fix for 64 bit Windows XP and slow USB devices (especially those attached via USB 1).. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/904569
So, my understanding is that the changes may show on the KoboTouch, but may not really be there or written incorrectly? I want to make sure I understand the 'danger' in having changed the setting.

Unfortunately the link for the Microsoft bug probably wouldn't help because of course I have Windows XP 32 bit.

Peter, ducks, would you suggest re-setting it back for quick removal and just doing 1 change at a time, or leaving at as it is?

And once again, THANK YOU!
Blue2u is online now   Reply With Quote